strawberries, cherries and an angel’s kiss in spring // my summer wine is really made from all these things
Yes, I did base a recipe on a Nancy Sinatra song (if you don’t know what I’m on about, get the reference here.) But in all seriousness, these two fruits cover the spectrum of summer quite nicely. You’ve got the youth and promise of early summer — the roses, the tennis, the long evenings — and the golden glow of late summer — the abundance of produce, the turning leaves, the excitement of a changing season — in one smoothie right here. Make it last.
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (or any yoghurt of choice)
- 1-2 tsps honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to sweeten (optional)
Method: if you want the kind of cool ombré effect as in the photo, blend up everything EXCEPT the cherries and pour about a quarter into a glass. Then add the cherries and blend again, and pour this on top in a swirly motion. If you’re not fussed about aesthetics, blend everything together from the start