It’s been a rainy few days in London, and the only thing worth doing on a rainy afternoon is curling up with fresh cookies and a good book or film. Not to mention the new series of Bake Off is here — if, like me, you’re enviously eyeing the tasty treats on a Wednesday night and wishing you could reach through the screen and steal a slice, this recipe is for you. Using only a handful of wholesome ingredients, these come together in under 20 minutes and have the bonus of being good for you, too. Provided you don’t eat them all in one sitting, that is.
Makes 10-12 cookies
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (140 fan). Grease and line a large baking sheet.
- Combine the almonds, coconut oil and honey in a bowl until well combined and dough-like. Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 small sections, rolling each into a ball and placing on the baking sheet. Flatten into a cookie-like shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden on top but soft in the middle. Leave to cool completely and enjoy (perhaps with a hot chocolate?)